mercoledì 14 maggio 2008

some reflections about our questionnaries

After doing all our useful skype echanges I can say that this experience has been very exciting for us because we had the possibility to improve our language.
I think that thanks to this experience I enriched my culture knowledge about different aspects of American culture: I learnt a lot of things about the political system for exemple by doing comparisons with our political system; than I found out a lot of things about University life that I didn't know before as for exemple tha fact that almost all American students are overachiever, This means that they usually study all night long, and if is the case, they don't eat in order to keep concentrate themselves and not waste their time. This is interesting because , for example, in Italy is not like this, we don't have any kind of students rooms available for students during the night...Then from my peer Ashlee I found out that the common image we get from medias is the wrong image of Univeriaty life: Campus, for example,,are not so well-equipped as medias let us believe....they don't have any kind of new table for studying, they don't have a hearth in their rooms, they don't organize parties all nights...and so on.....
Then we talked a lot about our final project topic that is pregnant women rights and we I can proudly say that we have really well managed the work we have to do in order to built a coherente and interesting wiki page.....
I Have to say that the major benefit I got from these skype exchanges was that I really improved my listening. I wasn't used to talk with American people ( I just Had the possibility to live for a while in Wales and tha's why I'm just used to recognize Welsh or English accent rather then the American one)...so by doing my skype exchanges I improved my listening.
To conclude, I can say that the chance our teacher gave us to do these skype echanges has been the best thing I did until now during the years of my college.

Nessun commento: