venerdì 4 aprile 2008

Usa-Italy: culture topics I would like to explore further....

There are a lot of culture topics about my choice I would like to explore further.I chose America because I'm fascinated by everything is concerned with it.Politics, women human rights, lifestyle and so on...

I think that a really interesting topic to explore could be the one about women human rights.I chose this one because as we know, in Italy this topic is far from get the right importance it should have.Women got human rights in the past with vote opportutnity and job equal opportunities.However I have to denonce that , even if we have a lot of opportunities to participate in social life, I think that this is not enough. When a woman is pregnant in Italy, for example, she has not any kind of rights which can assure her that she can keep working.Or, for example, in Italy the period where a women can stay at home to take care about his child is so short that many women are obliged to leave her job in order to stay at home with her baby. I think that this aspect in America is completely different because I know( from a reasearch I've done), that women there have particular economic benefits or social helps from the State during their pregnant period. I would like to know more a bout this aspect because maybe in the future I could move to America and start working there...so that's why I'm so interested in it....

The other interesting culture aspect I would like to expolre further is the one about American lifestyle....from medias I get a relaxed image of people in America but at the same time i gather an overachiever image of them as well, I mean an image where people are stressed. So I think we have a distorted idea of american lifestyle...That's why I'm so interested in knowing always more about the real image of america's culture. Another aspect I woild like to know is the one about University life and college life there, which seems to be very important in America then in Italy. Talking with AShlee during my skype exchanges I got the impression that what we see on tv from American tv series like "Una mamma per amica", or " Veronica Mars" and so on is the reality. People in USA live for the University, they take part of every meetings or projects or partys the University organize for them...( while in Italy The University is just exams exams exams...we don't interact with the institution of Univeristy)....so Ashlee confirmed me that what we see in our American series tv is real and that colleges are well-equipped and homely.
So I would like to develop these two aspects of my culture topic.

Nessun commento: